Saturday, June 11, 2011

Don't know what to practice? What?!

So, I'm with you. I really am. When you finally do have the time, what do you spend those precious few minutes on? Well, tonight I took less than five minutes to look on one of my favorite drumming sites, and here's what I found:

http://www.drummagazine.com/lessons/post/six-handy-notes-patterns-to-use-around-the-kit/

Make sure you take some time to really smooth out the sticking and accents on the snare drum before you move around the kit.

Then, as always, apply it with the click first, then with some music, and then just have fun!

The real lesson here is that you can find a million things to practice if you want to. Find something, and go after it!

Happy drumming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why musicians should watch the big game (Seriously!)

Photo by  Ameer Basheer  on  Unsplash Here we are, about to watch another televised wrestling match over who puts a football on one en...