Thursday, September 1, 2011

Drums, drums, drums!!

With so many companies making drums these days, it's sort of hard to figure out what you like and don't like, and - more importantly - why you do or don't like a particular brand of drums.

Take me, for example. I really love the construction and sound of DW. LOVE IT. My main rig is a Collector's Series kit that was played at one of the medals concerts during the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City. It feels and sounds amazing, and I honestly believe I became a better player the day I brought it home (it actually went straight to a recording session from the store, but that's another story).

My other fave brand is Yamaha, especially their stuff from about 2000-2005. Their hardware is bullet-proof, and the YESS shell manufacturing series is as reliable on their entry level kits as their most expensive lines.

Other brands I've played and loved (and owned most of them) include Mapex, Tama, Pearl, Remo, Ludwig, Sonor and Premier.

So, go ahead and chime in. Feel free to leave a comment about which drums you play and why you like them.

Happy drumming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why musicians should watch the big game (Seriously!)

Photo by  Ameer Basheer  on  Unsplash Here we are, about to watch another televised wrestling match over who puts a football on one en...