Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Plan - Five Days a Week

All right, ya'll. This blog is growing, and I'm grateful! It has been my goal to get up to posting five days a week. I'm not there yet, but I do have a plan. I'll lay it out below, but I wanted to get my readers' perspective and input.

So let me know what you'd like to see on this blog. In fact, if you want to share your insight or knowledge, I'll also be looking for some guest posts from friends and other musicians and drummers. Let me know if you're up for it.

Here's the plan:
  • Mondays: "Gear Up" - All things related to gear. Maintenance, purchasing, cleaning, tuning, repairing, modifying, etc. If it has to do with gear, you'll get it on Monday mornings.
  • Tuesdays: "The Weight Room" - Exercises, drills, rudiments, coordination, independence, etc. I hope to share some of the exercises that will develop all parts of your technique so you'll be prepared to tackle all kinds of musical opportunities.
  • Wednesday: "Beyond the Kit" - For the most part, these posts will be from outside of the drum set world. It may be percussion or another instrument (or instruments), and a wide variety of styles. Expect weird, but interesting, education.
  • Thursday: "The Bag of Tricks" - Every drummer has a toolkit. I'll try to help you fill it up with licks, tricks, kicks, fills and transcriptions that you can immediately apply to your playing. We'll go beyond exercises to actual music.
  • Friday: "Friday Features" - I gave you a taste of this a couple of days ago with my nod to Justin Bieber.  On Fridays I'll be giving you my perspective on albums, artists, performances, videos, books, or products that are interesting, ground breaking or just plain awesome. 
  • Extras: In addition to the five days a week posts, I'll occasionally throw in random stuff (as if I'm not doing that already) on weekends, holidays or just to substitute for one of the regular posts. This is where I'll also try to fill any requests that I get.
So, that's the plan. I welcome any suggestions or requests, so let me have 'em. 

Happy drumming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why musicians should watch the big game (Seriously!)

Photo by  Ameer Basheer  on  Unsplash Here we are, about to watch another televised wrestling match over who puts a football on one en...