Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Feature: Emmanuelle Caplette

My favorite link on the drummerworld.com website is this one. If you click on the roulette wheel, it will pull up a random drummer from among the hundreds on the site. I've done this numerous times and been well-rewarded each time. (Sure, a roulette wheel represents gambling, but it's not really a gamble if you know you're going to get something good.)

A couple of years ago, this was the drummer that the ol' wheel pulled up for me.



Needless to say, I was completely sold. And I've tried to keep tabs on her playing ever since.

Emmanuelle Caplette's playing is versatile, fluid and musical, to say the least. She carries herself with both grace and power, and has a unique flair.

Here's another one I love.....you know what? No. I was going to embed another video, but I think it's time to just turn it over to you and let you choose.

Here's Emmanuelle's YouTube channel.  Enjoy. And, as usual, click on her name above and visit her website.

Don't forget to come back and let me know what you think in the comments section.

Happy watching and learning!

2 comments:

  1. How about her website for that matter?

    www.emmanuellecaplette.com


    Regards and thanks for the great comments,

    Marc FK13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call, Marc. Her website is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Why musicians should watch the big game (Seriously!)

Photo by  Ameer Basheer  on  Unsplash Here we are, about to watch another televised wrestling match over who puts a football on one en...