Monday, August 22, 2011

The Gig Log, Volume 2

Phew! It's been a busy couple of weeks - gigs, airplanes and the like. But I'm finally sitting down to give you the next installment.

I play a lot of different events with Lokalgrown, from concerts to corporate events. This one was for the opening of a brand new apartment complex in Logan. We played by the pool for about five hours (including soundcheck), in the sun the entire time. I should have taken a picture of my sunburned face, but here you get a couple of pre-show looks of the kit and the "stage," as it were.

This shot is from the audience point of view, essentially from the pool. We had a few people lounging in the water while we played, but most were in the chairs and at the tables under an umbrella.

Complete with raffles and hot dogs, this was a typical summertime party.

Lots of fun.
This is just an up close of my kit. It's a little simplified, just the 10 and 14 inch toms. And you can't see it too well, but I used my 4 X 14 natural wood (maple) DW snare instead of the stock one.

It gives a little warmer, more open sound because of the satin wood finish rather than the wrap.

I've also started using the DW Dog Bones a little more (under the crash to the drummer left), and they are saving a little space and my back when I haul around my hardware bag.


Anyway, I hope you're all enjoying your summer as much as I am.

Happy drumming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why musicians should watch the big game (Seriously!)

Photo by  Ameer Basheer  on  Unsplash Here we are, about to watch another televised wrestling match over who puts a football on one en...