Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday Feature: Casey Cangelosi

I'm happy today to feature a friend and colleague of mine, a fellow Utah State Aggie percussionist. Well, at least that's where I met him. I credit him with many of my best and most creative memories from my music experience at USU. When I first met and worked with Casey Cangelosi, I knew there would come a time when I'd be able to use the old cliche, "I knew him back when..."

Well, it didn't take very long. Click on Casey's name, above, and prepare to meet part of the future of percussion performance and composition. Then do yourself the favor of stopping by YouTube and typing in Casey Cangelosi. Just be prepared to blow off the rest of your schedule for a while.

As I always say, I'm not even going to attempt to tell Casey's story, just give you a taste and let you explore for yourself. I will say this, though: every time I see a college student preparing for a senior recital or final jury, I always see a Cangelosi composition (or two, or three) in the mix. 

Enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Why musicians should watch the big game (Seriously!)

Photo by  Ameer Basheer  on  Unsplash Here we are, about to watch another televised wrestling match over who puts a football on one en...